Local governments in Marin and Sonoma counties have formed a cooperative to offer a Leadership Academy for emerging leaders.
The 2023-24 Leadership Academy will be launched in October 2023, meeting on the second Wednesday of each month for seven sessions, ending in April 2024. All sessions will be held in Petaluma.
The target audience includes division managers, assistant department heads, mid-managers, and other emerging leaders.
GOALS OF THE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
- Create a cost-effective talent development program for the participating jurisdictions.
- Enhance the leadership skills of the participants.
- Assist the participating local governments in their succession planning efforts.
- Enhance the network of participants across local government agencies in the two Counties.
- Offer employees positive development opportunities and motivating experiences.
HOW IT WORKS
The curriculum of this certificate program consists of in-class presentations by City/County Managers and other local government leaders, critiques of case studies, one-to-one coaching, and a team project.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-24 Academy!
If you are interested in participating in the 2023-24 Academy, please contact your supervisor or HR Representative for more information.